Sunday, February 17, 2008

My Daughter Honor, making me feel truly honored.

I just had to share the sweet, sweet moment I had with my oldest daughter, Honor. She had an experience at school today that just brings a tear to my eye in sorrow when I think on it. She has a great group of girls that she plays with, but today at lunch, her friend made a wrong choice, and Honor was there to stand up for what she believed in. She purchased a coke at the vending machines today. Not a caffeine free one. I think she might have done it out of peer pressure- I'm just not sure- but the point is, Honor stood up for her beliefs. She truly believes "in all times, & in all places", and she took her friend aside and kindly let her know that she did know better, and that Honor just wasn't sure if they could stay friends right now.

I'm HONORED to be her mother.

No comments: